OG Kush Marijuana Strain was first cultivated in Florida, in the early ‘90s when a strain from Northern California was supposedly crossed with Chemdawg, Lemon Thai and a Hindu Kush plant from Amsterdam. The result was a hybrid with a unique terpene profile that boasts a complex aroma with notes of fuel, skunk, and spice. OG Kush should smell like lemon-pine-fuel with a high-THC, mixed head and body effect. It’s often enjoyed in the back half of the day to ease stress.
The genetic backbone of West Coast cannabis varieties, this strain arrived in Los Angeles in 1996 when Matt “Bubba” Berger brought it (along with “The Bubba,” which was later used to create the famed Bubba Kush) from Florida to legendary cultivator Josh D. Since then, original kush has become a worldwide staple used to create numerous famous strains like GSC and Headband. There are many different phenotypes of this strain, including Tahoe OG, SFV OG, and Ghost OG.
- 20% of people say it helps with insomnia
- 24% of people say it helps with depression
- 27% of people say it helps with pain
- 28% of people say it helps with anxiety
- 37% of people say it helps with stress
- 30% of people report feeling hungry
- 52% of people report feeling relaxed
- 57% of people report feeling happy