Purple Haze is a sativa marijuana strain popularized by Jimi Hendrix’s 1967 classic song, Purple Haze. This strain delivers a dreamy burst of euphoria that brings veteran consumers back to their psychedelic heyday. This nostalgic sativa staple remains cherished for its high energy cerebral stimulation that awakens creativity and blissful contentment throughout the day. This strain is believed to have descended from parent strains Purple Thai and Haze, which pass on a mix of sweet and earthy flavors underscored by notes of berry and sharp spice. Their buds typically acquire vibrant hues of lavender that further justify the naming of this strain.
Purple Haze makes its appeal clear right off the bad, with medium to large-sized flowers that maintain a spade-like form, tapering down from a broad base to a pointed tip. True to their sativa heritage, these buds have a relatively loose structure, with their soft and fluffy-looking leaves spiraling loosely outward from their central stems. The leaves themselves are a patchwork of mossy green and the deep purple that gives this strain its name. Finally, these flowers are coated in sticky trichomes, accounting for their psych activity.
- 59% of people report feeling happy
- 36% of people report feeling dry mouth
- 35% of people say it helps with stress
- 57% of people report feeling euphoric
- 20% of people report feeling dry eyes
- 27% of people say it helps with anxiety
- 50% of people report feeling uplifted
- 25% of people say it helps with depression
- 23% of people say it helps with pain
- 11% of people say it helps with insomnia
- 42% of people report feeling creative